Urban Adventures are for those who want to get away from the tourist crowds and really connect with a city, with a local by their side. The experience can be as short as a couple of hours, or as long as a whole day, but in every case our Urban Adventures tours take travellers to interesting places to experience local culture and see what makes a place unique.
Tours in Brașov
Brasov is a well preserved hidden gem, set amongst the romantic countryside of the Carpathian mountains. The scenery is truly spectacular and the best thing of all is that you only have to share it with a few locals, as few tourists venture here. The ones that do are rewarded with fairytale castles, pretty squares, and grand Baroque architecture to explore. The surrounding geography and traditional agricultural methods used by local farmers (no pesticides) mean that there is an abundance of organic produce available for your eating pleasure. Plus fresh spring water straight from the mountains to quench your thirst. If you are touring Transylvania and visiting that castle, make sure you don’t overlook the hidden treasures of bewitching Brașov. This is the perfect way to kick-start your time in Transylvania, offering you a sizable sample of local food, culture, and history.
Brașov Sights & Bites Tour
Home cooked Brașov
Communist History Tour
Sweet Tooth explorer
Brașov by beer
• Enjoy traditional Romanian cooking in a family restaurant, where you can try delicious hot soups, potato bread, and cabbage rolls
• Discover Brașov’s most captivating sites, including the ominous Black Church, the biggest gothic church in Eastern Europe
• Munch on covrig, a street food snack that looks like a pretzel but tastes even better
• Refresh with cool spring water direct from the Carpathian mountains
• Experience the tight squeeze of Europe’s second narrowest street
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, a traditional street snack of covrig, 3-course Romanian meal (dishes will change depending on the season) with 1 glass of draft beer or house wine or soft drink, entrance tickets to the Weavers Bastion.
Exclusions: Additional food and drink, souvenirs and items of a personal nature, entrance tickets to the Black Church, tips/gratuities for your guide.